Sunday, November 21, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, revisited

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7)We are the kind of Harry Potter family that placed a preorder for each book as it came out, so the book would be delivered to our doorstep on the day of its release. For the last Harry Potter book, Mike and Chris went to the book release party at our local bookstore, Annie Bloom's. The next morning we left bright and early for Hawaii, during which time Mike, Chris, and I took turns reading the book. Fortunately a coworker had finished her copy and lent it to us, so my most vivid memory of that trip is Mike and I both staying up late reading! I raced through the book because I wanted to find out what happened.

With the release of the seventh Harry Potter film, I decided I'd reread the book. This time I savored it and read it slowly. I enjoyed it even more this time.

And I cried again at the end. I won't say why, because it would be a spoiler.

What a wonderful series this is! I can't wait to see the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment