Friday, January 14, 2011

In Odd We Trust: so so

In Odd We TrustMy rating: 2 out of 5 stars

My mother-in-law read this book while she was visiting and pronounced it to be "stupid." This is the January selection for my new book group. My friend Kristin had recommended that I read one of the full Odd Thomas novels first, which I did. I vastly preferred the full-length novel to this graphic novel.

I've read a number of literary graphic novels over the years, and the quality of this one did not compare with the others. The illustrations seemed almost manga-esque. The characters were not particularly well developed, and my favorite character in Odd Thomas, his girlfriend Stormy, just seemed to be trigger happy in this one. This book was like a prequel to the rest of the series. I wasn't particularly impressed with the story either.

It took me just a few hours to read this, so not much time was wasted. But I think Koontz should stick to writing full-length novels. This was just a little novelty.

No comments:

Post a Comment