Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Maya Angelou: A Glorious Celebration

Maya Angelou: A Glorious CelebrationMaya Angelou: A Glorious Celebration by Marcia Ann Gillespie

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have read a few of Angelou's books (years ago!) and have always admired her as a writer and poet...but she is now at the top of my list of heroes. I had no idea that she had done so many amazing things in her life. She overcome such adversity and has become one of our national treasures. I would like to go back and read everything she has written and find a way to see her films and listen to her music (much of it not widely available) as well. What an inspiration!

I loved this book because it summarized her key milestones and accomplishments, interspersed with beautiful black and white photos of her in various stages, her friends and influential people in her life, and her family.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment