Saturday, September 25, 2010

Alexandra, Gone: Telling rather than showing

Alexandra, GoneAlexandra, Gone by Anna McPartlin

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Blah. So glad to be done with this one. I only finished it because I wanted to see what would happen. It was by an Irish writer...about a woman who disappears and various people who are trying to find her...

I didn't particularly like the characters--most of them didn't seem to have any morals--and in fact I didn't feel as if I really got to understand them at any rate. The writing was just not very strong.

This novel is a classic example of telling rather than showing. And even though I love music, the Jack Lukeman theme felt completely forced and hollow.

Wish I hadn't wasted my time on this one..
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment