Thursday, September 16, 2010

Striptease: Big sugar and stripping in sleazy Florida

StripteaseStriptease by Carl Hiaasen

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Great vacation read about sleazy Florida politics and the crazed lust and perversion of men. My 13-year-old son kept asking me why I was reading a book about a stripper. (My paperback verson has a drawing of two breasts covered in pasties.)

It's not hard to tell how Hiaasen feels about politics and greed. He writes colorful characters and storylines. At times, it felt like he wasn't sure what kind of a book he was writing (heavy on the politics of Florida's sugar industry)...but I learnt enough that I want to do some more research now that I'm done with the books. Are we still funding Big Sugar to the same level as we did in those days?


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment