Thursday, September 16, 2010

Saving Cicadas: Nice name, but not for me!

Saving CicadasSaving Cicadas by Nicole A. Seitz

My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I picked this up at the library because the plot sounded intriguing. I read a few chapters, not particulary drawn to the writing and a little bothered by the frequent mentions of God. (I'm a Christian, but a progressive one.)

I decided to read the reviews here and on Amazon and discovered that this book is heavily anti-abortion, not to mention hard hitting on Christianity (and not very well written either). Glad I checked the reviews before reading further. The publishers (which I suspected might have been a Christian publishing house as I was beginning) tried to package the book as literary fiction to trick people into reading it.

Not my cup of tea!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment