Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Birthday or Whatever: Track Suits, Kim Chee, and Other Family Disasters

Happy Birthday or Whatever: Track Suits, Kim Chee, and Other Family DisastersHappy Birthday or Whatever: Track Suits, Kim Chee, and Other Family Disasters by Annie Choi

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this collection of essays by a Korean-American woman who grew up in LA with her crazy family. It made me feel that my own family is really boring!! I especially loved her stories about her stuffed animals, her parents forgetting her birthday, traveling in Korea with her mom, visiting her awful grandma, and her mother's bout with breast cancer. Choi has a great narrator's voice and a wonderful way of making fun of herself and her lovable family, in an affectionate way.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment