Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ten-Year Nap: The different journeys of motherhood

The Ten-Year NapThe Ten-Year Nap by Meg Wolitzer

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I first started writing book reviews, I gave lots of my books 5 stars, but I'm a bit of a harder grader now. The word "amazing" is what did it to me. How many books have I read that are truly "amazing"? Not many.

I really, really enjoyed The Ten-Year Nap. It was a great classic novel, full of lots of background and character development--not only of the four main women in the story, but also of their parents! I liked the way Wolitzer explored the internal battles and decision-making processes women go through when stepping out of the workforce to raise their families.

Instead of divisive bickering, Wolitzer elegantly presents different characters who have made different choices, and weaves them all together into a satisfying story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment