Thursday, September 16, 2010

Heartsick: Thriller set in Portland

Heartsick (Gretchen Lowell, #1)Heartsick by Chelsea Cain

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read this book primarily because I enjoy reading Chelsea Cain's article in the Oregonian and I noted that it takes place in my hometown, Portland. It's seriously grisly and twisted...and I found myself having a difficult time understanding the motivation of many of the main characters (including the psychopath). Many of these types of novels have too many characters and not enough character development. I used to read Patricia Cornwell's novels but ultimately gave up on them for similar reasons.

I will read Cain's next novel...after taking a long break...if only to see what happens next. However, I'm ready to go back into my usual genres of literary fiction, memoir, and nonfiction!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment